Monday, June 30, 2014

Best books read so far in 2014

I haven't read many books this year, 39 total, and not all of them have been enjoyable. I have decided to list the Top 5 books I have read so far (and these are in no particular order):



The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes

Lainey surprised me, it really did. I expected it to be about a shallow HS girl who only wants to get her ex back. Instead it was a story of a girl who finds herself while trying to win back the boy she thinks she should be with. It was a book about how people shouldn't judge others and I felt that was awesome. I finished it in one day and recommend it to everyone.



Cinder/Scarlet/Cress by Marissa Meyers

What an amazing series!! I love Cinder so much, I want to be friends with her. I thought it was going to be a cheesy story where the author tied fairy tales with dystopian thoughts. Marissa nailed it! It was such a great read, I don't know what else to say other than I am excited for Fairest and Winter!





 The Mortal Instruments: City of Heavenly Fire by Clarissa Clare

I started this series last year and very sorry to see it end. It was a SUPER long book (over 700 pages!) but worth it. I devoured his book and when I was done, I wished I had slowed down. Clarissa ended the story beautifully but I am still sad the story of Jace and Clary is over.





 The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings

I love a good dystopian and this book delivered! It is exactly what I think of when I think of a dystopian novel. This was the debut novel for Lindsay Cummings and now I cannot wait to read the next book in this series. 

 


Angelfall/World After by Susan Ee

Amazon recommended this book series to me. I am a sucker for angel books so I couldn't pass on it. I fell in love with them instantly! When I finished World After I found out the next book in the series hasn't been announced yet. Nobody knows when it might come out so I am left feeling unfulfilled. I don't like this feeling but all I can do it wait, like every other fan. Regardless, these two books are still a fantastic read! Read them and suffer with me. 😉 

What about you? What are your favorite books so far this year? 

2 comments:

  1. Even though I have only read Cinder, I am so excited for Fairest and Winter! And I'll be reading The Murder Complex soon, so I'm glad to hear you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read any books by Jennifer l Armentrout? Her books are always at the top of my favourites list

    ReplyDelete