Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Book Reveiw - Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick


FINALLY. The last book in the Hush, Hush saga.

The overall of this book:

Nora has finally discovered who she is and now has a to fulfill a vow to her dead father, The Black Hand. She is now in command and must lead his army of Nephilim into battle against the fallen angels (and win), but if she fails she and her mother will die. (No pressure, right?) Along the way Nora has rely on Patch a lot for guidance but is torn between wanting to fight for freedom for her people or doing what is right.Nora wants to do what is right but she also wants to be with Patch, how can she do that when he's the enemy?

My overall take of this book:

I couldn't wait for this story to be over. I felt it went on a book longer than it should have. I didn't feel there needed to be four books, it could have all been told in three. I still didn't feel a great connection between Nora and Patch, like a *real* connection/attraction to their relationship. I wasn't pulling for them to be together. I think Patch would have been better somewhere else but the heart wants what the heart wants, right? I didn't feel their relationship was a focus during this story, if really felt like a second, third, or fourth story line. It was more of her time with Vee, her best friend (whom I do not like at all).

I felt there were a lot of gaps in the story, holes big enough to drive a truck through. Some of the "main characters" showed up for a few pages and then disappeared for chapters at a time. Maybe they were just fillers to keep the story moving but the story didn't move very well. Nobody seems to care that Nora is never in school, not even her Mom. I didn't find that believable. At one point Nora had a job and only worked for one night then never again. Uh... huh? Also, in the first book the author made a huge deal about Nora being on iron pills but then never mentions them again through the last three books. C'mon... what good reader wouldn't notice something like that?

Honestly I was bored with this one. I was super excited to read this series because of the covers. *SIGH* Yes, I am one of those people that judges a book but the cover and I fell hard for this one. (Just look at that cover! It screams, "READ ME!") I'm here to tell you - DON'T. Pass on this one. You might be drawn to the battle of Heaven vs. Hell or Angels vs. Evil but you won't finish this feeling satisfied.

I give this book 2 out of 5 stars, and the overall series 2.5 stars. I will not be reading this one again and currently fighting the urge to sell the series to Half Price Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment